sudden severe headache Risk of cerebral aneurysm should see a doctor
The Department of Medicine by the Institute of Neurological Sciences warns against severe headaches. And it happened suddenly like never before. if not treated or not treated in time may be severe to the UFABET point of death
Causes of cerebral aneurysms
Dr. Somsak Ankasilp, Director-General of the Department of Medical Services, revealed that an aneurysm is a condition in which the arterial wall weakens, resulting in an aneurysm. can occur in either arteries or veins Most often found are arteries. When the aneurysm swells to a certain point, it ruptures. which causes an important condition, hemorrhage in the subarachnoid space This condition is dangerous to disabilities or lead to death.
Causes of cerebral aneurysms such as
- congenital abnormality or genetic disease
- Blood vessels harden and deteriorate.
- infectious condition
- there is inflammation in the body
- some tumors
Types of cerebral aneurysms
Dr. Tanin Vechapinan, director of Prasat Neurological Institute added that Cerebrovascular aneurysms are divided into two types.
- An unruptured cerebral aneurysm causing the symptoms that press on the nearby nerves Or larger than 2.5 centimeters can cause seizures or weakness.
- ruptured cerebral aneurysm When hemorrhage is released, the pressure in the skull rises. If the body cannot stop the bleeding The patient may die instantly. But if the bleeding can stop Patients will come to the doctor with bleeding in various layers of the brain, such as hemorrhage in the arachnoid subdural hematoma. or hemorrhage in the brain tissue, etc.
cerebral aneurysm symptoms
The most common symptom of an aneurysm is
- severe headache often abruptly
- Nausea and vomiting
- unconsciousness or death
- Stiff neck or pain in the face from nerve compression
- Have seizures from blockage of blood vessels.
Diagnosis of cerebral aneurysms
Diagnosis, the doctor will send for examination.
- computerized tomography of the brain
- Examination of blood vessels in the brain, which will have 3 options to find abnormalities of the blood vessels, namely
- Computed tomography with contrast dye injection (CTA)
- Magnetic resonance examination with contrast agent injection (MRA)
- injecting a contrast medium into a vein
- Posterior puncture is used when proving a subarachnoid hemorrhage. In cases that are not visible on the CT Scan, the doctor will treat the patient surgically. and concomitant radiation therapy by occlusion of arteries In some cases, a combination of the two treatments is required.
How to prevent an aneurysm
to reduce risk factors for the growth or rupture of an aneurysm The factors that cause the disease are: High blood pressure, smoking, and other factors that stimulates inflammation throughout the body
Aneurysm is a silent threat that cannot be known in advance, so it is important that if there are abnormal symptoms or the most severe headache Don’t delay, you should see a doctor immediately.